This low energy, high fibre feed is a useful and versatile diet for a wide range of situations:
* It is suitable for horses or ponies that require a low starch diet, such as those on box rest or for those that carry to much condition.
* The low energy of Super Fibre Pencils makes them an ideal maintenance feed for good doers and native breeds that are resting or in light work.
* Older horses, that find long fibre difficult to chew, will appreciate having them soaked into a mash, helping to maintain their fibre intake.
* The high fibre content makes Super Fibre Pencils ideal as a partial hay replacer at times when hay is either scarce, expensive or of poor quality. As Super Fibre Pencils are dust free they are an excellent choice to help maintain normal respiratory health.
* The low starch and sugar content also makes them a suitable diet for horses and ponies that are prone to laminitis.