A unique close fitting hoof boot designed to keep wounds, poultices and dressings clean. This boot is suitable for use in the stable and can be used on sensible horses in the paddock. The boot is designed using flexible and light materials to enable easy fitting and as a cost effective alternative to adhesive bandage and tape. Bearing this in mind exuberant horses and those having undertaken a period of box rest may damage the boot by standing on it or doing racing stops. In these situations you may wish to consider placing an overreach boot on top of the medical hoof boot or using a more traditional poultice for the first day turned out.
We expect the boot to last 2-3 weeks under normal circumstances with many customers finding they last much longer. The boot is not indestructible and so is not guaranteed against breakage, due to the horse standing on the boot.
Featuring a grooved sole for extra grip and a Kevlar® interior for durability it also has an asymmetric zip to give the boot a really close fit (and prevent it opening) stopping bedding and other debris from getting inside.
The boot is designed for use with or without a shoe. It can assist in a number of ailments to the foot such as abscesses, punctured sole or bruised sole.
To get the best out of your Medical Hoof Boot:
* Do not use the Medical Hoof Boot (MHB) in place of an overreach boot to prevent shoe loss. The MHB is not designed for this application and will not protect against overreaching.
If your horse is inclined to overreach, or stands on its own hooves, then an overreach boot should be used over the MHB to protect both the horse and the MHB from damage.
2.Measure, Measure, Measure:
* The MHB is designed to be a snug fit so it doesn't fall off. If you do not measure accurately or buy a size too big it can result in damage to the MHB due to the boot being trodden on by the other foot.
* Measure width carefully before bandaging, with or without shoe
* Choose size per guide (don't go to next size up)
* No need to add extra for dressingsClick here to learn more about the Woof Wear Medical Hoof Boot