Miscanthus is a tall perennial grass, more commonly known as Elephant Grass.
As a bedding Miscanthus can absorb up to three times its own weight in liquid and has a naturally low dust content making it an ideal choice for animals with respiratory problems. Miscanthus has a coarse texture, not palatable to horses, creating a dense and supportive bed that is both light and airy to work with.
* Highly absorbent - locks in moisture reducing waste and ammonia smells
* Versatile - ideal for traditional or deep litter beds, can also be used on top of rubber matting
* Dust extracted - reducing dust for a light, airy, healthy stable.
* Finely chopped - for a soft manageable and easy to work with bedding
* Biodegradable - rots down quickly and can be spread straight on to the land saving money on muck removal, whilst providing an ideal fertilizer for your fields
* No varnish or chemicals - for a safe bedding that will not stain your horse